- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Step 1: Read the following case study:
In a local home healthcare agency, nurses are using their personal cell phones to email and text physicians, the agency, and local hospitals. The agency is considering providing the nurses company cell phones with a secure login. There are advantages and disadvantages of each option.
What are the advantages of using company devices for professional communication?
What are the disadvantages of using company devices for professional communication?
If you were the agency, would you choose personal or company devices? Explain your choice.
Step 3: Reply to classmates in either group.
Your discussion post should look like:
- Paragraph one: Discuss advantages of the assigned device
- Paragraph two: Discuss disadvantages of the assigned device
- Paragraph three: Explain your personal opinion of which device should be selected.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?