Operations Management and Factors Affecting Productivity (100 points)Maduro Cleaning is a small organization that provides cleaning services to both residential and commercial clients. As a small organization, the owner assigns crews of two, three, or four employees to jobs each morning but the owner does not have a good method of determining a reasonable amount of time that each cleaning should take. The owner decided to keep data on job times and crew sizes in the hopes of developing a productivity measure. Address the following requirements:
- Calculate which of the crew sizes has the best productivity per worker and explain your method.
- Evaluate your outcome and the possible reasons that would explain those results.
- Project what the productivity might be for a crew size of five and explain your reasoning.
Crew Size Avg: Productivity per Crew
- 2: 3765 square meters per day
- 3: 4915 square meters per day
- 4: 6309 square meters per day
- Your assignment is required to be four to five pages in length, which does not include the title page and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Formatted according to APA 7th edition writing standards.
Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Review Chapters 1 & 2 in Operations Management
Review Chapter 1 PowerPoint slides Module 2 Chapter 1 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats —Operations Management
Review Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides Module 2 Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats —Operations Management
Zhou, K., Bochtis, D., Jensen, A. L., Kateris, D., & Sørensen, C. G. (2020). Introduction of a new index of field operations efficiency. Applied Sciences, 10(1), 329.
Pilo, M. (2019). Dynamics of Agricultural Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Togo: The Role of Technological Change. African Development Review, 31(4), 462–475. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8268.12403
Zondo, R. (2020). The influence of inventory sequencing for the improvement of inventory control: Evidence from a South African automotive assembly organization. Acta Commercii, 20(1).