Use the Internet and Strayer databases to research your community’s current efforts to deter or prevent juvenile delinquency through incarceration programs or other sanctions.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Identify at least two (2) juvenile delinquency reduction efforts / programs currently in operation in your community.
- Determine the main sociological theories that underlie these interventions that shape your community’s public policy for delinquency prevention.
- Propose one to two (1–2) ideas that you believe would improve your community’s juvenile delinquency prevention efforts. Justify the response with examples that illustrate your ideas being used successfully in other communities.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between various theoretical explanations for delinquent behavior.
- Explicate the types of prevention programs that are likely to work with high-risk youngsters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.